Glendowie Parish began in 1965 as the district developed. The Redemptorists came to the Auckland Diocese in 1950 and lived in the original Glendowie homestead – a two storeyed house – until 1990 when the existing building was constructed.
Masses were held in the old house until 1972 when the Church was built. The Parish Centre followed in 1991 and the extensions were done in 2008.
There has been much social change in the last 25 years and a variety of worshippers comprise the local parish community.
History – Redemptorists in Glendowie for 60 Years